This post contains all the content on what you need to know about basic studies and pre-degree program
Firstly Basic studies were designed to help students prepare for the exam conducted Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB).
Holder of the JUPEB Certificate would in due course be admitted to 200lvl with a course offered by Uniuyo through jamb Direct Entry
The Basic Studies Programme Offers ALL courses in ALL the Faculties of the University of Uyo:
Arts and Humanities, Basic Medical Sciences, Business Administration, Clinical Sciences, Education, Early Childhood, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Law, Pharmacy, Science, Social Science.
The admission requirements for the Basic Studies Programme is a minimum of five (5) credits in English Language, Mathematics, and any three (3) relevant subjects obtained at not more than two (2) sittings at the SSCE/WASCE GCE O/L / NECO with results obtained before registration. Admission into the Programme is usually through a screening test.
Pre-degree is a program in Uniuyo that was designed with the intent of helping students with the problem of gain admission into the university. Unlike Basic studies, Pre-degree candidates must participate in the academic year UTME
The Pre-Degree Programme currently prepares students for admission into the Faculties of Agriculture, Education, and Science.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Eligible Basic Studies candidates should pay a non-refundable sum of N15,500.00 (fifteen thousand five hundred Naira) only and Eligible Pre-degree candidates should pay a non-refundable sum of N10,500.00 (ten thousand five hundred Naira) only
Online Registration and Payment Instruction
- Visit http://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals or www.uniuyo.edu.ng (click on the e-portals link)
- Select the Admission forms link (on the sidebar)
- Choose e-Form(s) option
- Select Admission Type (Example; Basic Studies, Pre-degree) as the Admission Form Type.
- Enter your phone number, Name, and E-mail address
- Click the MAKE PAYMENT NOW button to make a payment
- Payment can be made online (using ATM card/internet banking) or at any commercial Bank branch using
pre-payment slip via Remita Platform
- After payment return to the online portal and click on the REGISTER LINK to obtain your login
- Note your Login credentials generated
- Log in, complete your registration and print out the 2022/2023 application form
Note: (i) The same passport photograph used for the online registration will be used during the Screening
Exercise and registration after the offer of admission.
(ii) No complaint of wrong Bio-Data or blank photograph will be entertained after submission.
(iii) Candidates who up-load the wrong bio-data will automatically be disqualified.
(iv) The same procedure is used for payment of all fees after admission.
Closing Date for registration: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Date for the online screening exercise: The date will be communicated to all candidates.
Candidates are advised to check online for information.